Hello and welcome to the website of
The Java Multitrack Audio Recording Software AudioChain
AudioChain is a software for recording and mixing sound. It is primarily designed to simplify your home recording tasks, while it is not limited to that. This software helps you focus on creating your song, which should be a very musical and creative process. AudioChain aims to avoid bothering you to handle with a complicated graphical user interface.
The AudioChain software is a convenient alternative to a hardware multitrack recorder. All you need is a computer with a good audio interface. This makes AudioChain an artistic tool for people, who simply want to rock and record!
The key features of AudioChain are:
- Fast and easy setup of new audio projects.
- Work with unlimited multiple audio tracks within one mixer front end.
- Apply various audio devices on each audio track and the master track.
- Record multiple files per audio track and toggle between them afterwards.
- Synchronize the audio projects via the network and work simultaneously on them with other people.
- A drum computer which rhythm definition bases on a quite easy text file syntax, which enables you to extend or create your personal rhythms.
- Import audio files and export resulting mixdown files.
- The recorded audio files are in PCM raw format, so you should be able to import these files into other audio software programs.
- A full featured command line interface to take recordings without a graphical user interface.
- Extensible via an audio device plugin mechanism for self written Java plugins.
- Basic support for VST plugins through the audio devices addon package.